TerritoryWe currently operate in the following counties in Minnesota- Blue Earth, Brown, Cottonwood, Dodge, Faribault, Fillmore, Freeborn, Le Sueur, Jackson, Martin, Nicollet, Mower, Olmsted, Waseca, Watonwan, Rice, and Steele.
All Policies are issued through "INDEPENDENT AGENTS"
South Central Mutual is considered a Township Mutual by Minnesota Statute. What this means is we are authorized to write: Fire and allied lines. We are not authorized to write catastrophe perils such as Wind, Hail, Liability, and Special Form. So you might ask how do we provide the coverages todays insurance buying public need?
Well we are unique in the fact that we issue a policy in the name of two companys. South Central Mutual and either North Star Mutual or RAM Mutual to have a seamless product for you the insurance buying public.
Over the years we have tried to stay abreast of changing conditions in Property Insurance.
Examples of those changes:
- Expanded Replacement Cost Coverage on your Home
- EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer)- Allows you to have your premium taken automatically from your checking account, no more check writing.
- A company WEBSITE to allow you to stay abreast of company and industry changes
- Special Form coverage for your Superior Outbuildings as well as Farm Equipment.
- Collapse Due to the Weight of Ice, Sleet or Snow on your Farm Outbuildings, as well as your farm personal property. Remember 1997-1998?
- Substantial Credits on Deductibles. We believe if you are willing to take on more risk you should be rewarded for doing so.
- We are here, in Blue Earth, Minnesota. Not in Boston, New York, Los Angeles or even Minneapolis.
- When you call our office you speak to a live person, who can give you an answer to a question. Not some machine which makes you enter 20 different codes to speak to a person.
- Need to drop something off before work? We open at 7:30 AM
- A Loss Control program, which is designed to address problems before they occur, saving you premium dollars as well as property and life.
- Fire Prevention Equipment available under cost if you are a South Central Mutual Member. Check out the link on loss prevention, we charge you NO tax or shipping costs, that is how strongly we believe in loss prevention.
- Water & Sewer Backup coverage included on all standard Home & Farm dwellings up to $1000. Our preferred Home & Farm Dwellings have $5000 included. Beginning October 1st 2005 you will have the ability to increase coverage up to a maximum of $20000.
- Replacement cost coverage on specific classes of Farm Outbuildings.
- Expanded Vehicle Damage coverage included at no charge, on all Farm Policies
- Non-Depreciation of Repairs on Farm Equipment included at no charge, on all Farm Policies
- Numerous credits available-Long Term Customer, Claims Free, New/Remodeled Home, Protective Device, Alarm, Auto Credit.
- One Unit of Special Package Package of Coverages Included- $500 on Outdoor Antenna's and Satellite dishes, $250 on fences Incidental to the house, $250 on Refrigerated Foods, $500 Outside Wiring-Overhead & Underground.
- Quoting- Currently we offer quoting done through our office.